Birthplace of life sciences in France, Lyon has one of the most advanced pharmaceutical industries in the world
- Key Figures
- The global Life Sciences market in 2015 is forecast at €890 billion
- 6% global annual growth in the Life Sciences sector between 2012 and 2015
- Rhône-Alpes is Europe’s top region in terms of direct foreign investment, and No. 2 in the world
- World no. 1 in human vaccines (Sanofi Pasteur), veterinary products (Mérial) and bacteriological diagnostics (bioMérieux)
- 6500 researcher in the Rhône-Alpes region
- 40 hospitals and 32,000 beds
- 20,000 students in the field of Life Sciences
A sector of excellence in the Lyon area, the Life Sciences consist of the application and development of scientific principles and advanced technologies in the field of health. This includes a wide range of specializations such as pharma biotech, medical technologies and dermocosmetology.
- Lyonbiopôle: a world center of excellence in biotechnologies such as infectious diseases and immunology, vaccines, diagnostics, oncology and neurology
- The top neurological hospital in Europe
- Lyon University Hospitals (HCL) : 5000 doctors recognized world-wide and 5400 hospital beds
- Rhône-Alpes accounted for 20% of the French in 2012 (€4 billion)
- Global annual growth of the market: 7.1% in 2012
- 1.5 million different devices sold around the world
- More than 300 firms in the main medical technology specializations in Lyon :
Medical devices and single-use consumables
Implants and prostheses
Electro-medical and dialysis devices
Medical imaging and software
- Dermocosmetology market: €7,6 billion in 2013, with a growth rate of 4.8%
- Lyon: France’s no. 1 center for tissue engineering
- 250 researchers specialized in dermocosmetology in Lyon
Set up your biotech company in Lyon!
Invest in Lyon – Aderly’s consultants will help you…
Based on your requirements, Invest in Lyon – ADERLY organizes for you one-to-one business meetings with potential customers and R&D partners.
Invest in Lyon – ADERLY connects you with R&D funding sources and facilitates the development of your business: government, local authorities and the Innovation Agency. Invest in Lyon – ADERLY introduces you to venture capital firms and the local network of lenders to help you successfully start up and develop your business in France, in Lyon.
Optimize your operational costs
The Lyon metropolitan area offers a vast range of business properties suited to the needs of the life sciences companies looking to set up in the region. Invest in Lyon – Aderly assists you with the set-up and facilitates access to subsidized sites at competitive rates. The agency’s recruitment service can help you find the qualified staff you need, in a job market that is less costly than Paris.
Reduce your risks
For your R&D project, Invest in Lyon – Aderly connects you to key opinion leaders in your field. Aderly will act as headhunter to find the best staff possible for your company and will organize hiring interviews for you.