Digital content: Lyon, a cross-media area
From the invention of the cinema to digital content and cross-media
- Chiffres Clés
- France’s 2nd region after Paris for production of digital content
- 650 companies, including European and world leaders
- 23 research labs
- 28 specialized schools and training programs
- international events: Cartoon Movie, Serious Game Expo, Festival Lumière
- 4 moving image centers in the region: Pixel, CITIA, la Cartoucherie, Lussas
Greater Lyon can help you make your multimedia projects become reality thanks to the many specialists and service providers in the IT sector. With world-renowned firms, the Lyon region has all the high-level skills you need to develop your cross-media projects.
Write to us or call us at
+ 33 (0)4 72 40 57 50
A competitiveness cluster for moving images: Imaginove
he competitiveness cluster for moving images (video games, serious games, cinema, audiovisual, animation and multimedia, cross & trans-medias, interactive web), Imaginove represents 200 firms in Rhône-Alpes. Its mission is to develop synergies among the different players and to support innovation. Within 5 years, it hopes to become the benchmark in Europe for producing and distributing multimedia content.
Join the movement and take advantage of attractive real estate opportunities!
Pixel: the Cinecittà of Lyon
Pôle Pixel is an HD audiovisual production center on 13,000 square meters, grouped around Studio 24 where, among other productions, the highly successful TV series Kaamelott, by Alexandre Astier, is filmed. With the plug & play office space of Pixel Entreprises, you can start your business in just minutes.
Pôle Pixel – www.b.rob.com
Digital cluster of Lyon-Vaise
The Digital cluster of Vaise is home to 150 firms specialized in ICT and digital entertainment, including such big names as Namco Bandaï, Electronic Arts, Médiastay, Cegid and Orange. With nearly 20 hectares of space in a fast-moving business district, well served by road, rail and public transport, Lyon-Vaise offers IT companies an exceptional environment to do business.
Highly qualified workforce
The Rhône-Alpes region has no less than 28 specialized schools, including Emile Cohl, Gamagora, School of Fine Arts, Centre Factory, Gobelins (Annecy) and La Poudrière (Valence). Every year, more than 1000 students graduate in the field of image technologies, adding to the expertise already available in the Lyon area.
Find the talent you need:
A wide range of regional support programs
Rhône-Alpes offers a variety of aid packages to help you develop your multimedia project:
- Aid for project writing and development
- Aid for production
- Aid for new media projects
- Rhône-Alpes Cinema: coproduction of feature-length cinema and animation films, average investment of €3.5 million per year
- Imaginove: 94 collaborative research projects with financing of €147 million since 2007 for video games, animation and audiovisual productions