What are Lyon’s key areas of know-how?
Historically, Lyon has been shaped by industry. It has been home to a number of petrochemical firms along the Rhone River, in what is known as “Chemical Valley”. Though its roots lie in the silk industry, Lyon is now also specialized in sectors of excellence such as pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. One illustration of this is the creation of the Axelera and Lyonbiopôle world competitiveness clusters, which bring together and federate a number of the region’s key players.
- Read also
- What should I see in Lyon?
- Lyon, second city of France?
- What is the ONLYLYON brand?
- Where is Lyon?
- What international-size companies are based in Lyon?
- What is the history of silk in Lyon?
- How do I set up a business in Lyon?
- What companies are based in Lyon?
- Lyon: the best city in France?
- Will I be assisted if I choose to set up in Lyon?
- What are the advantages of the city of Lyon?