CAPI (the urban community of Porte de l’Isère), ideally located between town and countryside
Located between Lyon, Chambéry and Grenoble and near Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport and its TGV station, CAPI is Isère’s second largest urban economic hub offering privileged conditions for companies looking to set-up in the Rhône-Alpes region.
CAPI has 4 business parks that are home to 450 prestigious and innovative national and international companies:
the Chesnes International business park – Saint-Quentin-Fallavier et Satolas-et-Bonce: the No.1 terrestrial logistics platform in France with more than 2 million sq. metres of logistics factories and the No. 1 economic hub of Northern Isère, with 13,000 employees
- the Isère Technological Business Park – Villefontaine et Vaulx-Milieu : dedicated to cutting-edge industry and to added-value services, 10 hectares of real estate available.
- the Maladière Business Park – Bourgoin-Jallieu
- the Renewable Energies Business Park – Bourgoin-Jallieu
- ASTUS Construction: 2 hectares of tertiary real-estate available
the Northern Isere Business Park: a high-tech option for industrial, research or service activities in the fields of eco-technologies (sustainable construction, materials, new energies, environment)
- Key Figures
- 21 communes with more than 96,000 residents
- 5,600 businesses and 46,000 jobs
- 80% of France’s private research into cement is carried out in this area
- Médipôle: 4 hospital structures, 700 beds and 1,500 employees
The CAPI area offers a well-managed broad range of business premises adapted to each company’s specific needs.
A DEVELOPING TERTIARY SECTOR
CAPI has also seen the growth of its tertiary sector, with the company Lyonnais DCB International in particular making considerable investment in commercial real estate in this zone. The construction company has started a programme it calls “Business Airport” which includes seven tertiary buildings over 12,000 sq. m, with two still to be built and put on the market. The five others are already occupied, having been sold to international investors: Mutuelle Eparge Retraite and Unidelta-groupe Credit Agricole.
Two other construction projects are also underway for DCB International on the CAPI site, the “Airstream” project, made up of six buildings (7,400 sq. m) and the Business Campus project, with two buildings offering a total surface area of 7,800 sq. m.
Many companies operating in various fields are already well-established in the area:
- electronics/ information technology / telecommunications (Schneider Electrics, Hewlett Packard…)
- materials and surfaces (Lafarge, Kerneos, Vicat…)
- health and pharmacy (SkyePharma…)
- renewable energies (HaWi France…)
- training (Concorde, Ford, Hewlett Packard)
- international logistics (Norbert Dentressangle, DHL, Geodis, NYK Logistics, UPS, Decathlon…)
Aderly and CAPI (the urban community of Porte de l’Isère) work together to guide you through the process of setting up your business at this flagship site, in the Lyon area.