Biodistrict of Gerland
LYON GERLAND: A LEADING WORLD DISTRICT FOR HEALTH AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
Lyon-Gerland is well-placed and has based its development around an economic dynamic that mixes expertise in the life sciences sector and tertiary diversification .
Situated to the south of Lyon, close to the ring road and the A6 motorway, the Gerland district is very accessible. It is connected to all the main transport routes and is just a 10-minute journey from the main Part Dieu railway station on metro line b. In 2014, the extension of this line to Oullins in the south, and of the T1 tramway line to the Confluence district will further strengthen connections with neighboring areas and the centrality of the Jean Macé multimodal hub which opened in 2009.
Write to us or call us at
+ 33 (0)4 72 40 57 50
- Key Figures
- 100, 000 sq. m of new real estate available by 2017, with around 10,000 sq. m take-up every year
- 100 hectares dedicated to life sciences
- Prime rent for new premises: from €190 to €215 per sq. m/year
- 35,000 jobs including 5,000 in the high-tech sectors
- 3,000 students
- 30 research laboratories
- More than 2000 public and private researchers and cutting-edge infrastructure (bio-safety level 4 laboratory, AcCinov Innovation Platform )
- 500,000 sq. m of net floor area in the existing park
- 150,000 sq. m of net floor area with tertiary potential by 2015
ZAC DES GIRONDINS : 17,5 hectares
- Amber: 12,500 sq. m available in 2013
- Opal: 12,500 sq. m delivered to La Poste in 2014
- 70,000 sq. m net floor area for tertiary, with 30,000 sq. m deliverable in 2015
- 2,600 residences and 7,000 sq. m of shops
100,000 sq. m of net floor area for tertiary or technology including 30,000 sq. m of new real estate available in 2017
View of Gerland © Asylum
The Gerland Biocluster offers businesses the advantages of a very high level research and production environment, including theLyonbiopôle, world competitiveness cluster in immunity and infectious diseases, as well as all the amenities you’d expect in a city-center district.
Businesses, laboratories and institutions that make for a dynamic sector
Sanofi Pasteur in Gerland – © www.b-rob.com
New infrastructure hosts collaborative R&D projects:
- the Infectious Disease Center, with 1,980 sq. m of bio-safety level 2 and 3 laboratories and 80 public and private researchers
- the acCInov innovation platform, which will be completed in 2013
- Bioaster IRT, the only Technological Research Institute in the health sector in France
- Leading businesses, SMEs and start-ups in human and animal health: Sanofi Aventis, Sanofi Pasteur MSD, Mérial, Genzyme …
- Research laboratories: Jean Mérieux bio-safety level 4 laboratory, the Institute of Biology and Chemistry of Proteins, the WHO…
- Universities and elite institutions: Ecole Nationale Supérieure (University of Humanities and Sciences), Claude Bernard University of Lyon 1 …
Real estate programs for life science start-ups:
Tony Garnier start-up park: 3,300 sq. m of premises, including 1000 sq. m of incubator space set aside for young innovative businesses.
Chateaubriand start-up park: 2,650 sq. m hosting 6 young, developing businesses in the biotechnology and IT and communication sectors.