International start-ups: Apply to join French Tech Ticket #2 and get helped by a Lyon incubator!
After the French Tech Grant, the French Tech Pass and the French Tech Acceleration Fund, the office of the French Ministry of the Economy in charge of French Tech launched, in May 2015, in cooperation with the city of Paris, a new tool to foster entrepreneurship: the French Tech Ticket. It’s aim? To make the French start-up ecosystem more international by drawing the finest talent to Paris to create and develop their start-up in the city. For the first edition, some 23 projects were selected among the 722 applications received from over 100 countries!
The second edition is now open, and this year has expanded beyond Paris to other cities with the French Tech label. With 41 incubators throughout France involved in the initiative, Lyon French Tech is taking part in the operation through three incubators in its ecosystem:
- La Myne, in the fields of energy, cleantech and the cultural and creative industries
- The EM Lyon incubator, in the fields of education, IoT and health
- Boost in Lyon, in the fields of Web/mobile technology, software and e-commerce.
After applying at the French Tech Ticket website before 24 August 2016, 70 projects will be selected. The selected start-ups, whose names will be announced in December 2016, will begin the program at the incubator dedicated to their sector in early 2017.
What kind of support does French Tech Ticket grant?
- Funding of €45,000 per project, with no loss of equity, in order to cover professional services as a priority
- Incubation for 12 monthsat one of the 41 partner incubators, with a mid-term evaluation after 6 months
- A simplified fast-track procedure for selected entrepreneurs and their family members to obtain a French residence permit
- A tailored program of events and support
– Master Classes and monthly networking events with the ecosystem
– customized follow-up on the business by the hosting and acceleration organization
– mentoring (by a renowned entrepreneur from the host ecosystem)
– 2 Demodays during the year with investors and corporate executives
- A Help Desk to assist selected start-ups complete administrative procedures (residence permits, funding, taxes, insurance, and French national healthcare coverage)
- Practical assistance to help selected entrepreneurs get set up in Lyon(finding housing, a practical guide for settling into their new city with special offers and more)
As the program is entirely in English, who is eligible?
- International teams of 2 or 3 English-speaking co-founders
- The team can include a maximum of 1 French Citizen
- Start-ups must be in the creation or growth phase
- Start-ups that have already been created and legally established in France are not eligible
Lyon French Tech is booming!
The Lyon French Tech Association was founded one year ago and since then has carried out a number of actions. Active in the Lyon area, it aims to bring together local players, put them in touch with one another and co-build, as well as show off the metropolitan area’s dynamism worldwide, through start-ups playing an active role in the digital transformation.
In the French Tech Focus Areas call for applications, which aims to foster a sector-based approach at the national level and boost its international impact, Lyon has shown its dynamism by applying to be a part of seven networks! From Foodtech to IoT, smart cities, health and more, Lyon’s historical strengths and sectors of excellence are being represented and capitalized on in the digital transformation, the main focus of the Lyon French Tech initiative.