A LYON DELEGATION VISITS NORTH AMERICA
A Lyon delegation consisting of private- and public-sector personalities and led by the Senator-Mayor of Lyon, Gerard Collomb, is visiting Canada and the United States until October 11, 2014.
The delegation will visit the cities of Montreal, Boston and New York, with which Lyon cultivates a special relationship:
• Montreal, Lyon’s partner city since 1979
• Boston, in the state of Massachusetts, key to cooperation projects, particularly in the life sciences sector
• New York, city of opportunities thanks to its creative and entrepreneurial dynamism
Indeed, these internationally recognized centers of opportunity are true sources of inspiration for Lyon and its urban-area development policies and metropolitan strategies.
This delegation is in North America for one week with five principal objectives:
– Development of economic, academic, cultural and institutional cooperation programs
– Discovery of the innovative ecosystems of these North American cities
– Promotion of the Rhône-Alpes region’s sectors of excellence among political, economic and academic counterparts
– Meeting with Canadian and American prospects
– Promotion of the Lyon region among real-estate investors
This international meeting will be geared towards reinforcing existing relations between the two regions.
This North-American meeting could initiate new partnership projects, particularly in the context of the Lyon metropolitan area’s candidacy for French Tech.