LYON SMART CITY
Greater Lyon is strengthening its economic development policy geared towards companies big and small by putting together a “smart city” strategy.
The “smart city” concept revolves around four fundamental ideas:
• Incorporating environmental challenges and energy constraints ;
• Networking of all the different stakeholders: local authorities, citizens and companies;
• Moving from ownership to usage: user participation in the design of products and services;
• Integrating new technologies (information and communication technology, robotics, intelligent transport systems, etc.) to
– facilitate networked operations,
– foster the transition to other energy sources, and
– assist, or even incentivize, changes in user behavior.
These four factors are important growth drivers for companies and all the more so when they are interconnected. But it goes well beyond this: the aim is to build new development models for the Greater Lyon area.